For the standard six-bottle membership, Firstleaf costs $79.98 plus $9.95 shipping and applicable sales taxes. After your first shipment, you can upgrade to a 12-bottle membership for $159.95 with free shipping.
- This wine club offers an easy-to-customize membership plan. New members can start with 6 wines for an introductory Firstleaf cost of $39.95 (original price: $131.00) plus tax with shipping included for free. Keep in mind that each future club shipment of 6 wines costs $79.98 plus tax and $9.95 for shipping.
- 1 Is Firstleaf wine club legitimate?
- 2 How much is Firstleaf each month?
- 3 What is the cheapest wine club?
- 4 Are wine clubs worth the money?
- 5 How easy is it to cancel Firstleaf?
- 6 Who owns Firstleaf wine?
- 7 Does Firstleaf have sweet wines?
- 8 Is First Leaf real?
- 9 How much is a wine of the Month club?
- 10 How much is a wine subscription?
- 11 Do wine clubs save money?
- 12 Is first leaf good?
- 13 Are wines cheaper at the winery?
- 14 How do wine club memberships work?
- 15 Our review of Firstleaf, a wine subscription box that sends bottles from top vineyards and learns your tastes over time
- 16 How Firstleaf works
- 17 Review of Firstleaf
- 18 The bottom line
- 19 I Tried Firstleaf’s Wine Club, and I’m Only Ordering Wine From Now On
- 20 Firstleaf Wine Club Review – Must Read This Before Buying
- 21 Overview of Firstleaf
- 22 How Does Firstleaf Work?
- 23 Firstleaf Wine Quiz Review
- 24 Firstleaf Wine StoreReview
- 25 Firstleaf Wine SchoolReview
- 26 Who Is Firstleaf For?
- 27 How Much The Does Firstleaf Wine Club Cost?
- 28 Firstleaf Wine Club Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
- 29 Is Firstleaf Wine Club Worth It?
- 30 Firstleaf PromotionsDiscounts
- 31 Firstleaf Sign Up
- 32 FAQ
- 33 Contact Firstleaf
- 34 Get Access to Exclusive Deals
- 35 $10 Off Firstleaf Coupon Code
- 35.1 Firstleaf Wine Club Summary
- 35.2 What We Like About First Leaf
- 35.3 Potential Improvements
- 35.4 Product Pricing And Order Shipping Details
- 35.5 Firstleaf Wine Club, What You Need To Know
- 35.6 Details Of How The Wine Club Operates:
- 35.7 Their Personalization Algorithm:
- 35.8 Our Review Of The Firstleaf Wine Club:
- 35.9 Getting The Most Out Of Your Wine Subscription
- 35.10 All Award Winning, Are They Really?
- 35.11 Advantages Of Being A Firstleaf Member
- 35.12 Firstleaf Wine Club Is A Great Fit For:
- 35.13 Looking For The Right Wine club Gift? Is It Firstleaf?
- 35.14 Firstleaf Wines Customer Service
- 36 Firstleaf Review and Unboxing
- 37 How Firstleaf Works
- 38 Facts About Firstleaf Wine
- 39 Pros
- 40 Cons
- 41 A Personal Customer Service Story
- 42 How to Cancel Firstleaf
- 43 Giving Firstleaf as a Gift
- 44 Firstleaf Wines Unboxing
- 45 Reviews of Each Wine
- 46 Conclusion
Is Firstleaf wine club legitimate?
Firstleaf Review 2021. Firstleaf is a customer-oriented wine club with a unique membership program that offers a 100% guarantee on all orders. Founded in 2016, the club showcases a plethora of wine selections from their extensive library. Firstleaf won our top pick BEST WINE CLUB!
How much is Firstleaf each month?
Each month, customers receive a selection of wine. FirstLeaf offers discounts of up to 60% of retail prices for their wines. FirstLeaf is a wine subscription service. For $90 per month, customers receive 6 bottles of wine that have been tailored to their preferences.
What is the cheapest wine club?
So, Let’s Start – What is the Cheapest Wine Club?
- Firstleaf- Cheap Wine Club Plans.
- Winc- Best value for money wine club.
- Naked wines- Affordable wines.
- Martha wine co.
- Bright Cellars – Premium Affordable Wine Club.
- WSJ – Affordable Wine Club.
- Our Final Notes For the Best Affordable Wine Clubs Review:
Are wine clubs worth the money?
Are wine clubs worth it? Wine clubs offer better value than buying at a local wine shop, a big box store, a grocery store, or an online wine retailer and the value comes from several areas: discounts below suggested retail price, a satisfaction guarantee, wine selection, and personalization.
How easy is it to cancel Firstleaf?
By placing your introductory order, you’re automatically enrolling in the club for future shipments. However, if you’re unhappy with the wines or club, you can cancel anytime by going to firstleaf. club/unsubscribe. Then, each shipment of 6 bottles will cost $80 plus $10 shipping.
Who owns Firstleaf wine?
Philip James, a computational chemist by training, and Erik Steigler in 2015 started Penrose Hill Ltd., which operates the third-party subscription wine club now called Firstleaf.
Does Firstleaf have sweet wines?
Get your first 6 Dessert Wines for just $39.95, plus FREE shipping! No coupon needed, just use this link to subscribe! $39.95 for your first 6 wines at Firstleaf Wine Club! This naturally sweet wine is modeled on the most famous sweet wine in the world: Bordeaux Sauternes.
Is First Leaf real?
Firstleaf is an algorithm-based wine subscription service that learns more about your tastes and preferences as you try different wines and curates a personalized experience for you over time.
How much is a wine of the Month club?
Quality wine delivered to your door, guaranteed! This is the club that started it all! As low as $39/Month + tax. Celebrate all California wine.
How much is a wine subscription?
Expertly Curated International Wines with Vintage Bottles Image via International Wine of the Month Club. The Cost: Subscriptions start at $39.95 per month plus shipping for 2 bottles. Sign up here.
Do wine clubs save money?
How does joining a wine club or wine subscription save you money? Wine clubs do this by offering members exclusive pricing on wines, free delivery, access to limited release wines and free tickets to wine tasting events. Members can save up to 40% on wine by purchasing through their wine club.
Is first leaf good?
Compared with other wine subscriptions in this price category, we think Firstleaf has nailed ease-of-use, presentation, and offers reasonably-interesting wines. We also really like that they identify the body, acidity, sweetness, fruitiness, and tannin level for each wine they sell.
Are wines cheaper at the winery?
Buying wine at a winery, any deals? In general, you will find the cost of these wines to be less on the shelf of wine stores than at the winery. Many wine retailers will buy on volume and will be able to offer the wines at less than the list price recommended by the winery.
How do wine club memberships work?
Wine club members receive a discount on any wines or merchandise they order from the winery or purchase at the winery. Wine club members say they enjoy and look forward to receiving the wines and the element of surprise that comes with each shipment.
Our review of Firstleaf, a wine subscription box that sends bottles from top vineyards and learns your tastes over time
If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our affiliate links, Insider may get a commission.
- Firstleaf is a one-of-a-kind wine club that allows you to try and rank wines based on your personal tastes. You may purchase your first box for $40
- Each subsequent box costs around $90, or approximately $15 per bottle. The wines are all produced by award-winning winemakers and vineyards, and they are all delicious.
Something is in the process of loading. This content is meant for readers above the age of 21. Please remember to drink responsibly. If you or someone you love is struggling with alcoholism, seek assistance immediately. The National Helpline for Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration at 1-800-662-HELP (4357) is a free, confidential, and accessible service that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The amount of wine clubs and subscription services that have sprung up in recent years indicates that the game is obviously up.
When someone just tells us what is good, it makes our lives simpler.
How Firstleaf works
As with other bespoke services, you begin by completing a brief online survey that inquires about your tastes for white, red, rosé, and sparkling wines, as well as the regions from where you prefer your wine to be sourced and the amount of wine you consume on a monthly basis. The questionnaire also contains questions about culinary preferences and dislikes, which can help you better understand your palette. You’ll receive a list of six wine recommendations right away. Firstleaf offers a special introductory deal of these six wines for just $40 plus tax for first-time customers.
If you opt to continue with the subscription, it will cost you around $90 for six wines plus delivery, which works out to about $15 per bottle of wine.
Review of Firstleaf
The wines I received when I went to Firstleaf to try them out for myself. Photograph courtesy of Connie Chen/Business Insider Firstleaf was offering a three-for-fifteen promotion at the time of my first review (which, alas, is no longer accessible), so I took advantage of the deal. In a sturdy cardboard container, three full-sized bottles of red and white wine were safely packed, and each bottle was accompanied by an instructional card that explained the origins of the wine and area, along with taste comments and meal pairing suggestions.
- My first shipment had a Chardonnay from Paso Robles, an Argentine Malbec from Mendoza, and a Zinfandel from Sonoma County, among other wines.
- In a subsequent stage, I would have the option to assess the selections and describe my precise opinions about them.
- Firstleaf Following your login, you may rate each wine with a “Thumbs Up” (I’d drink this wine again and Firstleafwill send more like it), a “Thumbs Down” (not for me), or leave the thumb icons blank if you don’t have an opinion and don’t feel strongly about one way or the other.
- You may also place a reorder for six bottles of the wine you enjoyed for an additional $90.
- You may, however, select a different delivery date or cancel your subscription at any time.
Firstleaf is intended to perform better over time as a result of your continued use. The more wines you grade, the better its algorithm will be able to match future shipments to your preferences and tweak choices if your preferences change after you took the exam.
It is not simply about convenience, education, or personalisation that you should consider using Firstleaf, however these are all compelling reasons to do so. In addition, with each bottle costing around $7 in the initial offer and $15 in subsequent offers, it is a far more reasonable way to taste high-quality wines from top vineyards across the world.
Take Firstleaf’s wine quiz here
C. Connie Chen is a senior reporter on theInsider Reviewsteam, where she is responsible for overseeing coverage of topics such as home textiles, entertaining at home, and food and drink. All of the things that make life at home more pleasant are her specialty. These range from the most comfortablebed sheets and fluffy pillows to cool online wine clubs and bartender-approved cocktail shakers. She uses a combination of rigorous testing methods, interactions with specialists, and hands-on experience in the home and kitchen to ensure that readers receive the most value for their money possible.
- On her Instagram account, @connayreviews, you can witness more of her testing procedure as well as other behind-the-scenes aspects of her product journalism career.
- She has a special interest and experience in developing businesses, which she has pursued since joining the site as an early member.
- As a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley, Connie earned degrees in media studies and business administration, which have shaped her view on and coverage of industry trends, as well as the competitive e-commerce scene in general.
- The top 5 best cordless vacuums we tested in 2021 are as follows: The following are 12 direct-to-consumer kitchen firms that are revolutionizing the way we purchase for cookware and knives.
- How corporations develop effective virtual experiences 50 cookbooks from well-known restaurants around the United States that will guide you through the process of recreating their greatest meals at home.
- Learn more about how we put kitchen goods through their paces.
I Tried Firstleaf’s Wine Club, and I’m Only Ordering Wine From Now On
Each product that we showcase has been picked and vetted by our editorial staff after being thoroughly researched and tested. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links on this page, we may receive a commission. I had no idea how much I would like the convenience of wine delivery until I tried it. Even while picking up wine from a shop may not seem like a huge concern to most people, living in a major city makes it difficult to carry a bag full of ringing wine bottles along the street on a regular basis.
To prevent yet another unpleasant drive home, I decided to test a box from Firstleaf.
Because our wine club places a strong focus on customization, you are encouraged to review your wines after each delivery in order to guarantee that each order is better than the previous one.
The wines on offer included cabernet sauvignon, pinot blanc, riesling, a Tuscan red blend, pinot grigio, and grenache, amongst other varietals. Continue reading for my frank assessment of the club.
- Fogbreak 2019 Pinot Blanc, Monterey County
- Tintoretto 2020 Pinot Grigio, Italy
- Trailstone 2020 Riesling, Washington
- Fogbreak 2019 Pinot Blanc, Monterey County
- Tintoretto 2020 Pinot Grigio, Italy No. 6 Cabernet Sauvignon, South Australia
- The Perfect No. 6 Cabernet Sauvignon, South Australia
- Tenuta di Innanzi Tutto 2019 Super Tuscan Red Blend, Italy
- Chanmé Méchant 2019 Grenache, France
- Tenuta di Innanzi Tutto 2019 Super Tuscan Red Blend, Italy
- Tenuta di Innanzi Tutto 2019 Super Tuscan Red Blend, France
Overall Rating for Firstleaf: 9.7 out of 10
- Tintoretto 2020 Pinot Grigio, Italy
- Trailstone 2020 Riesling, Washington
- Fogbreak 2019 Pinot Blanc, Monterey County, California
- Fogbreak 2019 Pinot Blanc, Monterey County No. 6 Cabernet Sauvignon, South Australia
- The Perfect No. 6 2020 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Italia’s Tenuta di Innanzi Tutto 2019 Super Tuscan Red Blend
- France’s Chanmé Méchant 2019 Grenache
- Tenuta di Innanzi Tutto 2019 Super Tuscan Red Blend
- Due to state limitations, the company does not ship to Utah, Mississippi, or Rhode Island.
Signing Up for Firstleaf
To become a member of the Firstleaf wine club, you must first complete a brief questionnaire designed to determine what kind of wines you would enjoy. Whether you prefer sweet white wines or robust red wines, the answers to these questions will point you in the direction of your optimal bottle choices. Specify whether you’d prefer an all-red, all-white, or a mixed box of wines, and then determine how much sweetness you’re okay with in your selection. The quiz also asks you about your favorite taste profiles, which are represented by a series of alternatives that you may either thumbs up or thumbs down.
- Rest of the registration procedure is basic; you’ll receive suggestions for your first six bottles, which will be delivered directly to your home or place of business.
- Once your wine is delivered, it is up to you to rate each bottle and determine whether or not you would want to see that particular bottle in your box again.
- The matching process used by the firm is so accurate that it can predict your next favorite wine with 98 percent accuracy after only three wine ratings are entered.
- Review of Firstleaf Winery
Firstleaf Delivery and Packaging
Firstleafships are available everywhere in the United States, with the exception of Utah, Mississippi, and Rhode Island, which are prohibited by state restrictions. First orders are usually delivered within a few of days of being ordered. When I opened the box, I saw that it was exceedingly tight, with thick cardboard dividers, much like an egg carton, nesting each bottle to prevent it from breaking. In addition, the packaging was simple to deconstruct and recycle. White wines should be chilled an hour before serving for a better taste experience.
Firstleaf Wine Flavors and Quality
Knowing that theFirstleafteam evaluates over 10,000 wines every year, I had no need to be concerned about the quality of the wine I was receiving. The taste characteristics of the six bottles I got were rich and indulgent, with some light lemony notes and deeper spiced fruit variations interspersed. I was impressed. I was quite pleased with all of the wines that Firstleaf supplied me, despite the fact that I normally like red wine. The bottles that came in my box looked like this: The bottles in my box were expected to last approximately a month, but they were gone in less than two weeks, having been shared at wine evenings, reality show watch parties, and dinners with family and close friends.
It went nicely with a cheese platter consisting of brie, crackers, and fresh fruit for a burst of flavor.
6 cabernet sauvignon, which had a warm taste profile of spices and dark fruits like blackberry and plum that I found very appealing.
In conjunction with this, I made a spaghetti meal that was * chef’s kiss *.
The wine provided a lovely balance of flavors to my Thai leftovers. Let Firstleaf take the reins if you haven’t already done so with their wine-subscription service before. You are in extremely capable hands based only on the quality of these wines. Review of Firstleaf Winery
According to retail pricing, my box should have cost $140, but because Firstleaf works directly with vineyards throughout the world (rather than via intermediaries such as importers, wholesalers, and retailers), it is able to provide exceptional wines for a fraction of the price. After signing up for the Firstleaf club, you will get a monthly supply of six bottles for $80 ($13 a bottle), plus $10 for delivery. And for first-time customers, the price reduces to $40 for six bottles ($6 per bottle) with free shipping, saving you more than 50% off the regular price.
From December 13th to December 14th, Firstleaf will be holding a 48-hour flash sale.
Firstleaf Sustainability and Sourcing
Firstleaf collaborates with vineyards and farms all around the world in order to get the greatest possible wines for its clients. According to a Firstleaf spokesman, the firm chooses wines based on both quality and price considerations. However, according to the representative, Firstleaf has been asking winery partners for more information about their sustainability efforts, such as if the wine is biodynamic or vegan-friendly, in order to portray these practices on bottle labels. Each wine is subjected to extensive testing to confirm its quality, which helps to explain why they taste so delicious.
In terms of sustainability, Firstleaf employs minimum packaging that is readily recyclable, helps to decrease waste, and ensures that the wine is well protected throughout shipping.
Review of Firstleaf Winery
Firstleaf Customer Service and Reviews
If there’s one thing Firstleaf consumers appreciate even more than the wine, it’s the staff that provides customer service. Firstleaf has received an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot, based on more than 300 customer reviews. In the words of one client who had to cancel an order owing to travel arrangements: “I had to deal with three individuals, and they were some of the greatest customer service professionals I have ever interacted with.” Others have praised the crew, calling them “amazing,” “awesome,” and “excellent.” There have been several reports of people saying that stopping or canceling their membership was “smooth.” It’s clear that Firstleaf is concerned about its consumers, as seen by the virtual concierge service that assists with orders and the quick response time.
Another advantage that Firstleaf customers appreciate is the virtual ′′wine school,′′ which is an online database that contains information about the wine business, special blends, and other intriguing nuggets.
According to one reviewer, “Excellent wine club, with a great selection of wines.
Firstleaf: My Take
Despite the fact that my experience with this wine club was limited, having only sampled one box, I was really delighted with it. The most important thing I’ve learned is that Firstleafdoes a fantastic job of putting their customers first. From searching the world for the greatest grapes to allowing club members to review wines in order to provide regular input and progress, it’s evident that this wine subscription is totally geared toward the customer’s preferences. Packaging was kept to a bare minimum, was environmentally friendly, and was effective.
The wines were delicious, provided an insight into different wine areas throughout the world, and made for some quite entertaining wine parties with friends.
Given the many variables I took into consideration (taste, pricing, variety, and customer service), I awarded Firstleaves a weighted rating out of ten (9.7 out of ten).
|Factors||What it means||Numerical ranking (1-10)|
|Taste||Wines have varied and delicious flavors.||10|
|Wine Variety||The service offers a variety of wine types from different regions, continually providing users with new bottles to try.||10|
|Availability||The service is available to consumers in many locations.||9|
|Price||The price is reasonable for the quality of wine you receive.||10|
|Subscription||The subscription/plan offers reasonable customization. You’re able to adjust or cancel your order within a reasonable time frame.||10|
|Shipping||The wine arrived on time. The packaging prevented breakage.You’re able to provide delivery instructions if needed.||10|
|Customer Service||How quickly customer service responds to queries, the level of detail they provide, and how helpful the team is overall.||10|
|Social Impact||Takes into consideration a company’s social missions, charitable causes, and sustainability efforts. Products are sourced ethically. Packaging is recyclable or sustainable.||9|
Firstleaf Wine Club Review – Must Read This Before Buying
FIRSTLEAF is an algorithm-based wine club that operates on the subscription model and ships only within the United States of America (US). As you experiment with different wines over time, the system gains a better understanding of your tastes and preferences, allowing it to create a more personalized experience for you. Firstleaf has been featured in a number of publications, including BuzzFeed, Medium, and Business Insider. Among the more than 1,400 award-winning wines available on the Firstleafwebsite are 229 90+ point wines and 68 double gold platinum wines.
If you’re not familiar with the process, Parker’s approach, for example, uses a 50–100 point scale, with 90 points representing “excellent performance.” This Firstleaf Wine Clubreview will take an in-depth look at the brand, its product and service offerings, price, user reviews, and more, in order to help you determine whether or not it is worthwhile to join up for their subscription service.
Overview of Firstleaf
Founded in 2016, the company was created when its creator, Philip James, searched out winemakers and wineries to get great wines for consumers while keeping expenses as cheap as possible. By working directly with people in the wine business, Firstleaf was able to take out the middlemen and provide its Wine Club members with products at a lower rate. Firstleafuses uses a proprietary algorithm to acquire information about members’ wine preferences, and then employs these findings to send wine directly to subscribers’ homes.
Firstleaftravels the world in quest of the world’s most extraordinary wines.
It is apparent that their standards are quite high because just less than 2 percent of the wines they sample make the cut. Continue reading our Firstleaf Wine Clubreview below for some advantages and disadvantages of Firstleaf wines and the membership service:
- Wine will be delivered at your convenience and will be personalized to your specifications. The system learns about your choices and increases customisation to suit your preferences
- Bottles of wine are only $15, which is significantly less than retail costs. With a variety of sorting categories and an easy-to-navigate Wine Store, picking is not daunting. The Wine Concierge team outlines the selection process, including factors like as pairings and your taste preferences. Firstleaf Wine School provides thorough knowledge on all elements of wine, providing subscribers with the chance to learn more about the beverage.
- Customized to your specifications, wine will be delivered at your convenience. Your preferences are learned by the system, which allows for better customisation to your preferences
- In comparison to retail rates, bottles of wine cost just $15. With a variety of sorting categories and an easy-to-navigate Wine Store, choosing is not daunting. During the selecting process, the Wine Concierge staff will discuss factors like as pairings and your taste profile
- Firstleaf Wine School provides rich knowledge on all elements of wine, providing users with the chance to learn more about the subject.
How Does Firstleaf Work?
To conclude this Firstleaf Wine Clubreview, we’ll go through how the subscription works in more detail. Wine of exceptional quality is acquired from vineyards throughout the world by Firstleaf, which then employs anindustry-leading, patent-pending technology to pair their clients with wines that are a great match for their preferences.
- First, you must sign up with Firstleaf and create a login. Then you must complete their survey and answer a few simple questions about your wine tastes in order to develop your personalised tasting profile. Each shipment contains a one-of-a-kind combination of wines that have been hand-picked for you. Order the introductory deal by filling out the form below: Approximately a week after completing the questionnaire, your personalized introduction order will be sent. Enjoy
- Please rate your wines as follows: Every rating is used to further develop your tasting profile and make your Firstleafexperience even more enjoyable and memorable. A detailed study of hundreds of wines and billions of data points for each unique profile is conducted after each thumbs-up or thumbs-down to provide the most refined image of your preferences possible
- Take pleasure in your handpicked club orders: The technology makes accurate predictions about the wines you would enjoy based on over 1,000,000 customer evaluations that serve as a guide for its learning process. The team then uses its inventory to pair you with wines that are a good fit for your own taste profile, which is updated each time you offer a rating
During the registration process for Firstleaf, you will be able to preview your shipment, select a delivery date, and make modifications to your shipping date at a later time (more on this in the FAQ section). You have the option of setting the frequency of the boxes to come every 1, 2, or 3 months, or to come at any time in the future. Firstleaf guarantees every pick they make by standing by their product and providing you with a credit for any wine you don’t like at no additional cost. This aspect of responsibility, which mitigates the fact that buyers cannot provide lengthy feedback on the wines, is given extra credit to Firstleaff for their efforts (only thumbs up or thumbs down).
Firstleaf Wine Quiz Review
For our Firstleaf Wine ClubReview, we went through the questionnaire to obtain a better understanding of how it operates. The questionnaire consists of nine questions, and after you have completed it, Firstleaf will evaluate over 100 different wines and 1 billion data points in order to choose the ideal wine profile for your needs. The first question is straightforward, and it merely inquires as to what sort of wine you prefer to drink. When you move on to the following question, you will be presented with the issue of how sweet you like your wine to be served to you.
Once you have completed the form, you will be asked for your email address so that the results may be delivered to you.
With Firstleaf, you can be confident that they have crunched the figures and examined the data in order to give you with a selection of wines that you will be sure to like.
Firstleaf Wine StoreReview
As part of this Firstleaf Wine ClubReview, we went through the quiz to obtain a better understanding of how it works. It consists of nine questions, and after you have answered them, Firstleaf will evaluate over 100 different wines and 1 billion data points in order to pick the best wine profile for you. Fortunately, the first question is straightforward, and it just asks what kind of wine you prefer to drink. Moving on to the following question, you will be asked how sweet you want your wine to be when you answer it.
Following completion, you will be asked for your email address so that the results may be forwarded to you.
Wines from your collection will be featured on the website, along with a substantial discount on your first purchase. With Firstleaf, you can be confident that they have crunched the figures and examined the data in order to give you with a selection of wines that you are certain to appreciate.
Firstleaf Wine SchoolReview
We took the quiz to obtain a better understanding of how it works for this Firstleaf Wine ClubReview. The quiz consists of nine questions, and once completed, Firstleaf evaluates over 100 different wines and 1 billion data points in order to pick the best wine profile for you. The first question is straightforward, and it merely inquires as to what sort of wine you prefer to consume. When you move on to the following question, you will be asked how sweet you want your wine to be. You will be asked about your geographical preferences, knowledge, likes and dislikes, as well as how many bottles of wine you consume on a monthly basis in the following questions of the Firstleaf Wine questionnaire.
Your specially selected wines will be featured on the website, along with a substantial discount on your first purchase.
Who Is Firstleaf For?
This winery is suggested for individuals who enjoy large quantities of wine at a reasonable price, as well as those who want to broaden their knowledge of excellent Canadian wine. Members of Wine Club may also take advantage of a 40 percent discount on their first purchase, making the next book club or family gathering that much more delightful.
How Much The Does Firstleaf Wine Club Cost?
A Firstleaf Wine Clubreview would be incomplete if it did not include information about the cost of membership. By completing your inaugural order, you are instantly enrolled in the club and will receive subsequent shipments as a result of your participation. If you are dissatisfied with the wines or the club, you may terminate your membership at any time by visiting firstleaf.club/unsubscribe. Firstleafmakes it simple to test their wines before committing to a subscription by offering a highly reduced initial shipment prior to committing to a membership.
Then, for each shipment of six bottles, the cost will be $80 + $10 for shipping.
Firstleaf Wine Club Reviews: What Do Customers Think?
You’re undoubtedly curious in what other consumers have to say about Firstleaf wines. Firstleaf has received overwhelmingly good feedback from a variety of sources, some of which are included in our Firstleaf Wine Club review. WineClubReviews awarded this brand a 4.5/5 star rating, praising its “ease-of-use, presentation, and. reasonably-interesting wines,” among other qualities. This review site also gave the brand a score based on a few additional factors, including:
- 2nd Best Affordable Wine Subscription
- 3rd Best White Wine Subscription
- 4th Best 12-Bottle Wine Subscription
- 4th Best International Wine Subscription
- 5th Best Wine Subscription
Following that, this subscription’s Sparkling Wine Club was also listed on Best Wine Club, where it received an overall rating of 4/5 stars.
In addition, Firstleaf was regarded as the best wine subscription service on this website. Of all the wonderful things that this wine club has to offer, the following were the most often mentioned by Best Wine Club:
- Exceptional savings
- Insight into the flavors and geographies of the wines
- Shipping and return procedures that are dependable and fair
Generally speaking, Firstleaf receives positive feedback from a large number of consumers and reviews.
One consumer on WineClubReviews stated that the Firstleaf Wine Club was reasonably priced and that it learned about their preferences as they received, drank, and rated different wines. They praised Firstleaf’s simplicity of use, presentation, and somewhat intriguing wines, as well as the fact that each wine’s body, acidity, sweetness, fruitiness, and tannin level are clearly identified on the label. Business Insider said that “reasons to useFirstleafinclude convenience, education, and personalisation,” but that it is also a “quite inexpensive way to taste fine wines from top vineyards across the world,” according to the publication.
article, Firstleaf is the most customer-centric of all of the wine subscription businesses.
In addition, it stated that several review organizations have given them high scores for their great service and the vast choice of wines that they provide, and that the wines that they buy are items that the majority of their clients would not otherwise have access to.
Furthermore, according to the report, Firstleafexcels in tailoring and personalizing their services to meet the specific tastes of each user.
Is Firstleaf Wine Club Worth It?
Customers on WineClubReviews stated that Firstleaf Wine Club was reasonably priced and that it learned their preferences as they received, drank, and rated the many wines they had received. They praised Firstleaf’s ease-of-use, presentation, and somewhat intriguing wines, as well as the fact that they specify the body, acidity, sweetness, fruitiness, and tannin level of each wine in the tasting notes they provided. Business Insider said that “reasons to useFirstleafinclude convenience, education, and personalisation,” but that it is also a “quite inexpensive way to taste fine wines from top vineyards throughout the world,” according to the review.
It stated that several review organizations have given them high scores for their great service as well as the broad choice of wines that they provide, and that the wines they buy are items that most consumers would not otherwise be able to obtain on their own.
Additionally, according to the report, Firstleafexcels in tailoring and personalizing their services to meet the specific tastes of each user.
Customers may preview their items before they are shipped and make modifications to ensure that they are completely happy with their purchase using their exceptionally user-friendly online system.
One consumer on WineClubReviews stated that Firstleaf Wine Club was reasonably priced and that it learned about their preferences as they received, drank, and rated different wines. They praised Firstleaf’s simplicity of use, presentation, and somewhat intriguing wines, as well as the fact that they identify the body, acidity, sweetness, fruitiness, and tannin level of each wine. According to a Business Insiderreview, “reasons to useFirstleafinclude convenience, education, and personalisation, but it’s also a very inexpensive way to taste fine wines from top vineyards across the world.” As reported in a story onMoney Inc., Firstleaf is the most customer-centric of all the wine subscription businesses.
According to specialists who supplied their honest judgments, the wines listed in the article are of high quality and represent a good value for the money.
Customers may see their orders before they are sent and make revisions to guarantee that they are completely happy.
Firstleaf Sign Up
To become a member of Firstleaf, you must first register a Firstleaf login and then complete the quiz to develop a profile of your wine preferences. To participate in the introductory offer, you’ll need to follow the steps. Once you’ve completed the sign-up process, you’ll receive a confirmation email containing information about your order as well as information about Firstleaf wines and the wine club.
By making an account on the site and completing the questionnaire to determine your wine preferences, you may sign up for Firstleaf. To participate in the introductory offer, you’ll need to follow the steps. Once you’ve completed the sign-up process, you’ll receive a confirmation email containing information about your order as well as information about FirstLeaf wines and the wine club.
You may cancel your Firstleaf membership if you are a member. To do so, go to firstleaf.club/unsubscribe and sign in, then follow the on-screen instructions. You may also send an email if you have any queries about the procedure.
Firstleaf Shipping Policy
Firstleafcurrently sends products throughout the United States to 44 different states. Unfortunately, owing to government regulations, they are unable to provide service to all 50 United States states. Unless otherwise specified, shipping is $9.95 per item, and orders are typically dispatched through UPS ground or Fedex ground within the first 24 hours of being placed. Orders placed via Firstleaf will arrive within 2-5 business days of placement. If you purchase the three-bottle introductory order, your first six-bottle club order will automatically be scheduled to arrive one month after you place your order.
If you purchase the 6-bottle introductory order, your first 6-bottle club order will be shipped out automatically at the frequency that you specify when you register. Subscribers can modify the frequency of their orders at any time by following the methods outlined below:
- Log in to your account by clicking here. Select Your Next Club Order from the drop-down menu and then select the appropriate date beneath the delivery date
- A calendar will appear, from which you can choose any delivery date
Firstleaf Return Policy
A satisfaction guarantee is offered by Firstleaf, who also pledges to issue a credit if applicable in the event that you are dissatisfied with their wine. They will provide a credit to your account if you send them an email within 30 days of receiving your order. If your cargo is returned to Firstleaf due to damage, please notify them immediately and they will either reship your order or refund your purchase price. You should notify them if your package is returned to them due to rejection or because no one was accessible after three tries.
Keep in mind that once your product has been delivered, Firstleaf will not be able to return it via UPS or FedEx.
If you want further assistance, you may contact Firstleafat at 1-800-461-7203 or by email. On firstleaf.club, you can also get help by clicking on the Help button located in the bottom right corner. Their Member Experience team is available from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST Monday through Friday. Before you make a decision, look at various wine selections. Take a look at these wine subscription services: Cellars with a ray of sunshine Wines from WincNaked Insiders in the Wine Industry
Get Access to Exclusive Deals
Get 6 bottles for the low price of $39.95. When you sign up today, you will receive a 10% discount. Sign up for a free account at
$10 Off Firstleaf Coupon Code
Save $10 on a new Firstleaf Wine Club subscription when you sign up now.
Firstleaf Wine Club Summary
Wine subscription business that investigates your likes and preferences by sending you six-bottle shipments that you are expected to grade after drinking, all at a low cost that is affordable to most people A completely contemporary wine subscription service, it offers award-winning domestic and foreign wines from throughout the world. Firstleaf is well-known for being the world’s first totally personalized wine club, with every aspect of the experience completely configurable. As wine club members score the wines they receive, the wine options offered to you are tailored to your specific preferences based on your ratings.
Because they purchase directly from the vineyard, they are able wine pass on the savings to their members.
For the foreseeable future, each shipment of six wines will cost just $79, plus tax and delivery ($9.95).
What We Like About First Leaf
This personalized wine subscription business investigates your likes and wine preferences by sending you six-bottle shipments that you are expected to grade after drinking, all while charging you a low, affordable charge. A completely contemporary wine subscription service, it offers award-winning local and foreign wines from a variety of vineyards. A well-known distinction for Firstleaf is that it was the world’s first wine club that was completely customized. Because wine club members score the wines they receive, the wine options offered to you are tailored to your individual preferences.
Because they purchase directly from the vineyard, they are able to pass on the savings to their members.
A three-bottle first shipment costs $15, plus tax and delivery ($4.95 for international orders). For the foreseeable future, each shipment of six wines will cost just $79 plus tax and delivery ($9.95 total).
Firstleaf invests a significant amount of money on marketing and packaging. This gives its members the clear conviction that they are receiving a high-end wine club membership at a moderate fee, which is true. In fact, you’ll notice a lot of traits that are similar to those of Apple in the shipments you receive. Each package includes a top-loading envelope that is exactly centered and securely fastened. Details on each of the wines you’ve gotten for that month are contained within the envelope you’ll be receiving.
While all of this is extremely well done, and it effectively conveys the impression that you are a member of an elite high-end wine club, I suspect that if they hadn’t spent the money on this high-end branding, they might have reduced the cost of the monthly wine club shipments by a few dollars.
Product Pricing And Order Shipping Details
We demonstrate in our review of the Firstleaf Wine Club why this wine club is one of our top ten finest wine of the month clubs for the year 2015. “data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” data-large-file=” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” The First Leaf Wine Club’s Reviews” src=” alt=”First Leaf Wine Club Reviews”” width: 800 pixels, height: 600 pixels srcset=” 800w, 300w, 768w” sizes=”(max-width: 800px) 100vw, 800px”>A subscription to the Firstleaf Wine Club will cost you $79.95 for six bottles of wine.
The shipping fee, which includes sales tax if applicable, is indicated individually at $9.95 per order.
Firstleaf Wine Club, What You Need To Know
In their own words, they describe themselves as a customized wine of the month subscription service. It is their concept of customized service that they chose wines on the basis of what they know about your tastes and preferences of others.
Details Of How The Wine Club Operates:
1. They begin working on your customised wine subscription as soon as you finish their survey after joining up. 2. The ratings you provide to the wines they send you are utilized to further tailor your selections in the following step. 3. All of the specifics about the wines that they carry are matched to your own tastes. 4. When they mention some of the wines you should sample, they are referring to what they currently have on hand. Here is a list of additional details that may be utilized to make your selections more personalized: Additionally, you may define your favorite wine color, which can be either mixed, white, or red, in addition to the option to pick between sparkling and rosé wine.
You have the option to choose the frequency of deliveries, which can be quarterly, every other month, or monthly.
Their Personalization Algorithm:
Personalization technology has become more significant in today’s world of purchasing, both in-person and online (e-commerce). Customers are increasingly searching for the best personalized fit rather than simply purchasing anything off the shelf. When it comes to personalized wine subscriptions, Firstleaf is one of the first wine clubs to provide them, as the wine business comes to grips with this new reality. Firstleaf, in addition to doing a careful examination of all of their wines for the chemical attributes associated with flavor, is also expressly utilizing data science, in contrast to their competitors.
In the subject of personalized wine selections, Firstleaf is the market leader, owing to their extensive wine collection as well as their utilization of the three technologies discussed above.
Our Review Of The Firstleaf Wine Club:
The Firstleaf Wine Club has sent us a supply of wine, which you can see below. “data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” data-image-caption=”” data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” src=” alt=”First Leaf Wine Club” loading=”lazy” src=”” Height is 225 inches and the breadth is 300 inches. srcset=”300w,768w,800w” size=”300w,768w,800w” sizes=”(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px”> sizes=”(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px”> Firstleaf was accurate in predicting that the majority of buyers would not be willing to spend more than $15 on a wine bottle of their choice.
- Firstleaf Wine Club has succeeded in stocking wines that are created from inexpensive grapes in huge quantities in wine regions that are less well-known by selecting wines that are made from affordable grapes in large quantities in wine locations that are less well-known.
- They do sell a limited number of bottles of wine from some of the world’s most prestigious wine regions, including Piedmont, Bourgogne/Burgundy, and Bordeaux.
- Additionally, as we have seen thus far, their USA offering is comprised of “California” branded wines that, rather of being drawn from the high-end Sonoma and Napa areas, are sourced from lesser-known sites like as Paso Robles, Lodi, and other places further inland.
- Even while shopping at your local store, you will learn about new wine varietals that you may want to try out because this collection includes them all.
Getting The Most Out Of Your Wine Subscription
When configuring your preferences, select Imported wine instead of Wine from the United States. As a general rule, wines made outside of the United States provide superior value for your money. Despite the fact that there are exceptions, there are several reasons why this is the case in most cases. When it comes to evaluating the decision made by Penrose Hill, the company in charge of sourcing and producing Firstleaf’s wine, there is a bit of a “black box” around wine selections. However, it is clear from their picks that they are looking for solutions that would appeal to the greatest number of people while simultaneously focusing on cost-saving measures.
These figures do not add up because all of their wines, which are created exclusively for Firstleaf by Penrose Hill, are available for purchase outside of the club.
Given that they are deceiving you into believing that you are receiving additional value when you aren’t, we deducted half a point from them for their deceptive tactics.
All Award Winning, Are They Really?
Firstleaf claims that their wine is all award-winning, which is a claim that is supported by the evidence. Each of their winery’s web sites, which describe each of their wines in detail, will feature a list of their honors. We checked into these claims for both the wines we got and the wines that were marketed, and we found them to be accurate. We discovered at least one award-winning wine for each of the wines that were included in our initial shipment. When it comes to establishing sophisticated techniques to aid purchasers in appraising the contents of a bottle before purchasing it, the wine marketing business has proven itself effective at doing so.
Most of the time, we want someone to tell us what to choose because we are too busy to decide for ourselves.
Any intelligent buyer understands that critiquing the source of information is crucial, and this is where we demonstrate our worth.
You should not assume that a wine will be excellent simply because it has won an award, regardless of the person who produced it.
Advantages Of Being A Firstleaf Member
Consider the following as some of the reasons why you should join up with Firstleaf: 1. Money-Back Guarantee: The wine club provides all members with a 100 percent money-back satisfaction guarantee. 2. Special offers: Members can try six wines for a discounted price of $39.95 (including delivery) instead of the normal $135, with sales tax payable where applicable. This is a fantastic first-time buyer’s deal. When you rate your first three wines, you’ll also receive a $10 discount on your next purchase.
- Essentially, this implies that they are either excellent at keeping consumers satisfied or excellent at removing unfavorable evaluations from the Internet.
- Fourth, Firstleaf can do a better job educating buyers about wine by providing more information about wine tasting notes, wine region of origin, grapes used, and winemaker.
- On their attractively designed wine cards, they just include basic information like as statistics, meal combination suggestions, and concise tasting remarks.
- We believe that this has something to do with the algorithm that was used to choose your wines, since it supports you in discovering more of your chosen sort of wine as a result of this.
- Convenient Service: Firstleaf provides all of the convenience that you would expect from today’s wine subscription services.
It is important to them that you can go back and rate all the wines you have purchased in the past, so they keep track of your order history. Despite the fact that you will need to search the knowledge base for the appropriate link, you can cancel or put your account on hold at any time.
Firstleaf Wine Club Is A Great Fit For:
This is a wine subscription service that is tailored and focused on value. The following types of wine enthusiasts would benefit the most from becoming members of this club: those who are interested in learning about different types of wine in a cost-effective and relaxed setting; those who are interested in learning about different types of wine in a cost-effective and relaxed setting; and those who are interested in learning about different types of wine in a cost-effective and relaxed setting.
Those who enjoy rosé and white wines but are on a tight budget Wine connoisseurs who want to choose from a limited selection of possibilities Wine consumers who don’t mind trying a significant number of different wines before settling on a favorite are ideal candidates for this category.
Looking For The Right Wine club Gift? Is It Firstleaf?
In terms of finding a nice wine club gift, Firstleaf is not the place to search. A pre-paid subscription is not available, nor is the opportunity to send a personalized gift message with the first shipment. They also do not have the option to gift wrap the first shipment. Check out the following list for some of our favorite wine clubs to give as gifts. Sign up for a free account at When you sign up today, you’ll receive 6 bottles for only $39.95.
Firstleaf Wines Customer Service
Find out why the Firstleaf wine club is one of the top monthly wine clubs available online by reading our review of the club.” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” src=” alt=”Firstleaf Reviews of their wine club” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” src=” alt=”Firstleaf Reviews of their wine club” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” data The size of the image is 300 pixels wide and 239 pixels high.” srcset=” 300w, 614w” sizes=”(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px”> srcset=” 300w, 614w” sizes=”(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px”> Another aspect of the Firstleaf Wine Club that I appreciate is that they genuinely care about their clients and aren’t scared to hear bad criticism in addition to all of the positive feedback they have received so far.
Consider the following example: every a month, they send out a customer survey to all of their current wine club subscribers, inquiring about their satisfaction with the club.
Here’s what they say in response to your question: “Your input is valuable to us and assists us in making the club a better place.
Firstleaf provides excellent customer service and gladly appreciates all evaluations, positive and negative.” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” src=” alt=”review of the first leaf wine club” data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” src=” alt=”review of the first leaf wine club” ” width=”300″ height=”196″ ” width=”300″” We welcome your feedback, concerns, and questions about the club at [email protected]
- srcset=” 300w,583w” sizes=”(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px”>If you have any comments, concerns, or questions regarding the club that you’d like to share, please contact us at [email protected]
- After that, you’ll receive an email from Philip James, the CEO of the Firstleaf Wine Club!
- If we haven’t met yet, my name is Philip James, and I’m the Founder and CEO of Firstleaf, a company that helps people live healthier lives.
- Your comment has been quite helpful.
” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” src=” alt=”” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” data-image-caption=”” data-image-caption=”” data-image-caption=”” data-image-caption=”” data-image-caption=”” data-image-caption=”” data-image-caption=”” data- The cost of joining the Firstleaf wine club is really reasonable.
srcset=” 300w,596w” sizes=”(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px”> More information on what we can do to improve your club experience would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Here’s what the page says in its entirety: “Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make Firstleaf better for you!” We take your input seriously and will use it to enhance your overall experience.
Firstleaf Review and Unboxing
Firstleaf is a wine club that tailors the wines it sends to you depending on your preferences and preferences. Penrose Hill owns Firstleaf, and all of the wine for the club is purchased from Firstleaf, which is located in Healdsburg, California, USA. It was my intention to get this club so that I could test it out. In this review, I’ll go over how Firstleaf operates, as well as some basic information about the wine club, its price, advantages and disadvantages, and other relevant information.
A detailed unpacking (with by photographs) of precisely everything I received in my first delivery will also be included.
I will also receive a small compensation if you choose to make a purchase after clicking through one of the links on this page, at no additional cost to you.
How Firstleaf Works
As part of its launch offer, Firstleaf is offering its initial shipment of six bottles at a reduced price (approximately 60% off). Afterwards, it will be a recurring monthly subscription.
In order to get started, Firstleaf offers a 6-bottle delivery at a discounted price (approximately 60 percent off) for the first shipment. Afterwards, it will be a recurring monthly fee.
The Ordering Process
When you first begin the ordering process, they will ask you a few questions to determine your preferences. It’s a little like taking a test. For example, they may ask you the following questions:
- If you like sweet wines to non-sweet wines, this is the wine for you. You’ll notice a slider that you may drag around
- When it comes to varietals, you should consider whether particular ones appeal to you (such as oaky Chardonnays, sweet reds, Napa Cabernets, sweet Rieslings, sweet red blends, and others). If you want wines that are “exciting” rather than “boring” (again, this is all subjective, but it influences the diversity of kinds and locations of wines that they will give you)
- Describe your degree of wine experience (beginner, intermediate, or expert), as well as the wines you enjoy drinking. If there are certain wines you don’t care for (they provide you with a list of typical wines from which to pick)
- And a couple of additional thought-provoking questions
What I liked about the questions they asked was that they were intuitive in terms of determining what you could enjoy. In addition, they will send you your quiz results so that you may keep them on hand for future reference. Because wine clubs don’t often provide you the opportunity to personalize your wines, I was grateful for the technique. In addition, it resulted in several unusual wines being included in my first shipment. Additionally, throughout the purchase process, you will be able to view the precise wines that will be included in your first shipment.
Finally, once you’ve placed your purchase, you’ll be able to check when your order is expected to ship.
Facts About Firstleaf Wine
- Philip James was the driving force behind the creation of Firstleaf. In order to do this, he set out to establish the most consumer-focused wine club in the market. They deal directly with winemakers and wineries, which allows them to cut out the middlemen such as wholesalers, importers and retailers from the supply chain to the client. Through the use of flavor profiling and an interactive rating system, it is a wine club that customizes its selection to the tastes of its members. You may personalize your membership by altering the number of bottles you receive and/or the frequency of your deliveries. Your online account will be used to complete this task. The wines that Firstleaf sells have received several awards at prestigious wine competitions, including Silver, Gold, Platinum, and other medals. Firstleaf ships to more than forty different states.
- Philip James was the driving force behind the establishment of Firstleaf. This club works directly with winemakers and wineries, which allows them to cut out the middlemen such as wholesalers, importers, and retailers from the supply chain to the client. His objective was to establish the most customer-focused wine club in the business. Through the use of taste profiling and an interactive rating system, it is a wine club that customizes its selection to the needs of its members. The bottles you receive and/or the delivery dates can be changed to make your membership more customized. Your online account will be used to complete this task
- In addition to delivering to more than 40 states, Firstleaf sells wines that have earned awards such as Silver and Gold medals, Platinum medals, and other honors at prestigious wine competitions.
- Body, acidity, sweetness, and tannin characteristics are all described in detail in the tasting notes, which also contain taste comments, suggestions for food pairings, nutritional information, and alcohol level for each wine.
In addition to offering you a $40 discount on your next box of wines, they also offer your friend the opportunity to receive their first six bottles of wine at no cost (not including tax and shipping).
They pass on input from members to the winemakers, allowing them to refine their selections as time progresses. Customers are guaranteed to be completely satisfied with their experience at the club. Here’s what they have to say about it:
We promise your complete pleasure. If, for any reason, you are dissatisfied with a bottle you have received through the club, we will provide you a Firstleaf credit for the bottle (less shipping costs), if this is permitted by law.
- In order to receive your cargo, you must be at least 21 years old and present to take delivery when it comes. Because it involves alcohol, it is required by law, but it is nevertheless crucial to understand.
- Please keep in mind that you may also route your cargo to a FedEx store near you for pickup.
Keep in mind that you may also route your package to a FedEx outlet in your local area to be picked up.
A Personal Customer Service Story
As I said above, one of the reasons I selected “no choice to choose the shipper” is that FedEx deliveries in my neighborhood have been problematic in the past. And, sure enough, once my delivery was dispatched, FedEx made a clerical error, and the package arrived several days later than expected. However, to Firstleaf’s credit, they did remain in touch with me regarding this via email, which was appreciated. Additionally, after contacting them, they offered to switch future deliveries to UPS and granted a $20 credit against the purchase of the next cargo.
SAVE $40 PLUS GET FREE SHIPPING IF YOU ORDER NOW For just $39.95, you can get 6 bottles of award-winning wine personalized.
How to Cancel Firstleaf
You may terminate your Firstleaf wine club membership by calling them at 800-461-7203 and requesting that they discontinue your membership. Alternatively, you may send them an email at [email protected] and inform them of the best day and time for them to contact you in order to cancel your order. Firstleaf allows you to cancel at any time without incurring any costs and without being required to make any minimum commitments.
Giving Firstleaf as a Gift
Alternatively, you may phone the company at 800-461-7203 and request that your Firstleaf wine club subscription be cancelled. As an alternative, you may send them an email at [email protected] and inform them of the best day and time for them to contact you in order to cancel your order. Firstleaf allows you to cancel at any time without incurring any costs and without being required to meet any minimum obligations.
Firstleaf Wines Unboxing
Following is a video of me completely unpacking my first delivery from Firstleaf, which you can see below. When you sign up for the service, you can anticipate the following to come at your door.
The Firstleaf Box
This is the package that I received: I’ll confess that the scuff marks made me a little uncomfortable. However, as you can see in the photos below, there was no damage to the wines or anything else included within the package.
Opening the Box
It appeared like this when I first opened the box’s top, and it continues to look like this. You can see the welcome letter they gave you, as well as some information about Firstleaf and the wine tasting notes that were tucked away on the side of the screen. Following that, the top three wines were listed beneath the information.
I was pleased to discover that they were using high-quality wine bottle separators to keep the bottles safe. The wording on the inside of the box that said “keep digging, there are more wines underneath!” was a nice touch as well. Then there are the following three wines listed below that.
Included Tasting Notes
At first glance, I thought this was what the top of the box looked like when I opened it. You can view the welcome letter they gave you, as well as some information about Firstleaf and the wine tasting notes that were hidden away on the side of the page, below. The top three wines were listed below the informational section. They utilized high-quality wine bottle separators to safeguard the bottles, which I thought was a nice touch. The wording on the inside of the box that said “keep digging, there are more wines underneath!” was a nice touch as well!
The Firstleaf Wines
And, finally, these are the six wines that I was sent. All six bottles were in good condition, with no damage to either the bottles or their labels. In general, it was a pleasant unpacking experience. SAVE $40 PLUS GET FREE SHIPPING IF YOU ORDER NOW For just $39.95, you can get 6 bottles of award-winning wine personalized.
Reviews of Each Wine
Of course, the quality of the wines is what truly matters, don’t you think? As a result, I took the time to try each of the six wines that were supplied to me by the company. My own tasting notes and reviews of each of the wines I received are included in the section below.
Caduto dalle Nuvole Pinot Grigio
This Pino Grigio from Italy pours a light bronze tint in the glass, indicating its origin. Light lemon flavors with a hint of subdued lime scents and some pleasant minerality came through in the tasting. Caduto dalle Nuvole had a medium finish, with the lemon flavours lingering on the palate for a long time after swallowing. As a whole, I thought this wine to be a refreshing, non-sweet light sipper that could be enjoyed on its own or combined with Brie cheese (per the tasting notes). I imagined this wine tasting especially delicious cold and enjoyed poolside!
Disorderly Conduct Dark Bold Red
On to the red blend they sent me; this 97-point 2018 vintage was dark crimson in color and had a very lanky texture. The vanilla scent of the cork lingered in the air. The wine had modest scents of clove and bay leaf on the nose, which added to the whole experience. On the taste, I was met with medium-bodied flavors of blackberry and allspice, as well as a touch acidity from the raspberries used in the blend. I appreciated the equal balance between the tannins and the flavors in this long-finishing wine, which had tight and prominent tannins.
Ophidian Chenin Blanc
Wine from the Swartland area of South Africa, which was a first for me, was golden colored and had non-effervescent little bubbles in the glass. On the nose, I detected faint orange blossom and honeysuckle flavors.Very pleasant indeed! A semi-sweet passion fruit and pineapple aroma accompanied by very modest minerality and acidity delighted my tongue. Overall, the flavors were well balanced, and the wine was merely pleasurable to drink on its own.
This wine is from the Swartland area of South Africa, which was a first for me. It was golden in color with non-effervescent little bubbles in the glass. On the nose, I detected faint orange blossom and honeysuckle aromas.
It was quite delicious! A semi-sweet passion fruit and pineapple aroma accompanied with very modest minerality and acidity delighted my tongue. The flavors were extremely well balanced, and the wine was merely pleasurable to drink as a solitary sipper.
Scapolos Charm Sangiovese
With a dark crimson hue and a wonderful yet delicate cherry scent, this Sangiovese from central Italy was a delight to drink. Its dryness and tannins that were “all over your tongue” made it immediately recognized as a Sangiovese, and its flavor carried over the cherry notes from the scent. This wine, which is rather flavorful and has a long finish (as well as good acidity), would be an excellent match with a typical pasta and red sauce dinner.
Baraelia Sauvignon Blanc
Baraelia has a light bronze hue and a little pear scent, which is not overpowering. No “burn in the nose” was experienced despite the presence of 13.0 percent alcohol by volume. On the palate, you’ll find delectable tastes of sweet pear, luscious peach, and a hint of melon, among other things. Additionally, I detected minerality and a pleasant amount of acidity in the wine. With a medium finish and no harshness, I found this wine to be both tasty and more flavorful than I had anticipated, and I would recommend it.
Overall, I thought the wines from Firstleaf were excellent. The quality of the wines, the ease with which they could be ordered, and the fact that the first delivery was free were all appealing features. The ability to customize delivery options for future transactions was another nice surprise. Those who want a little adventure in their wine selections, as well as those who value an algorithm-driven selection process, will find Firstleaf to be a suitable fit for them. I’m pretty satisfied with this club and can confidently suggest them after giving them a try and sampling each of the wines for my own enjoyment.